Simple Mango & Avocado Salad with Peanut Rum Dressing
This recipe combines the mango and avocado – two of Miami’s favorite back yard tree fruits.
The mangos delicious tropical ambrosia compliments the rich buttery avocado flesh.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 Teaspoon Jalapeño, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tablespoon Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Cold Water
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Spiced Rum
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1 small Shallot, minced
- 1 Large Ripe Mango, peeled
- 2 Medium Avocados, each cut in half, seeds removed, peeled
- 2 Heads Organic Bibb lettuce, cleaned
- 2 Tablespoons Toasted Peanuts
To Prepare the Peanut Dressing:
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the jalapeño, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, peanut butter, water, rum and coconut milk.
Stir in the cilantro and shallot.
To Prepare the Salad:
Cut the flesh of the mango from both sides of the stone, then slice with a thin bladed knife, to fan out the flesh.
Similarly slice each half avocado into a fan.
On 4 large plates arrange the bibb lettuce leaves with a fan of mango and avocado.
Drizzle with peanut dressing and garnish with toasted peanuts.