Lychee and Shrimp Curry
Makes 4 Servings
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- 1 Small Onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Madras Curry Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Fine Sea Salt
- 2 Cups Canned Coconut Milk
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Small Sweet Potatoes, peeled, diced and blanched
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 16 Jumbo Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 Large Lychees, peeled and pitted
- 3 Tablespoons Green Onion, minced including green parts
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
To prepare the Curry:
In a large heavy saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat
and sauté the onions and garlic until aromatic, about 3 minutes.
Stir in the ginger, curry powder, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon of salt.
Stir in coconut milk and water.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
To Cook the Vegetables and Shrimp:
Season the shrimp with remaining salt and pepper.
Add the shrimp and return to a simmer cooking for 2-3 minutes.
Add the sweet potato and lychees to the curry cooking until the shrimp are evenly pink.
Serve garnished with green onion and cilantro.