Lobster and Avocado Salad
- 2 (2 pound) Live Maine Lobsters
- 2 Tablespoons Thai Fish Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Small Thai Chili, seeded and minced
- 12 large Fresh Thai Basil Leaves, minced
- 2 Sprigs Cilantro Leaves, minced
- 1 Cup Shredded Napa Cabbage
- 1 Bunch Arugula, stems removed
- 1 Small Red Bell Pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 Powerful Harvest Avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced thin
To Prepare the Lobster:
Plunge the lobsters into a large pot of boiling salted water.
Cover and boil for 10 minutes.
Transfer the lobsters to a bowl and let cool to the touch.
Using a clean kitchen towel, tear the claws and legs away from the body.
Wrap the towel around the tail and twist, separating it from the body.
Place the tail on its side and crush down with the palm of your hand until the shell cracks.
Separate the meat from the shell and cut it into 1/2-inch slices.
Using a lobster cracker, crack the claws and knuckles of the lobster and remove the flesh with an oyster fork.
Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
To Prepare the Dressing:
In a small bowl, combine the fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, and the chili.
Stir in the basil and cilantro.
To Prepare the Salad:
In a large bowl, toss the cabbage, arugula, and bell pepper with 1/4 cup of the dressing.
Arrange the salad on 6 Asian style rectangular plates.
Top with overlapping slices of the lobster and avocado.
Spoon the remaining dressing over the avocado.