Key Lime Cupcakes
- 1 Box White or Vanilla Cake Mix
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Water
- 1-2 Tablespoons Lime Juice (must use fresh)
- 2-3 Tablespoons Lime Zest
- 3-4 Drops of Green Food Coloring
- 1 Cup (8 Ounces) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Stick Butter, softened
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice (must use fresh)
- 1 1/2 – 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Drops Green Food Coloring
For the Cupcakes:
Combine the cake mix with water, eggs, and oil.
Mix on low for 30 seconds and med-high for another 2 minutes.
Then add lime juice, zest, and food coloring.
Mix for another minute on med-high.
Scoop into cupcake liners and bake according to cake mix directions for 12-17 minutes.
Let cupcakes cool before adding frosting
Cream together the softened cream cheese and stick of butter.
Add vanilla extract and lime juice, and food coloring.
Slowly add in the powdered sugar to desired consistency.
Pipe on the frosting add small lime wedge on top for decoration.