Coconut Crab Dip
This dip can be served with crisp plantain chips dusted with lime zest, salt and cayenne.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cream Cheese
- 3 Small Scallions, chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Jalapeño, diced
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice, freshly squeezed
- 6 Tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Pound Lump Crab Meat or Stone Crab Meat
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon Toasted coconut
Using a small food processor blend the coconut milk, cream cheese, scallions,
jalapeño, lime juice and half of the cilantro until smooth.
Pour into a small bowl, mixing with mayo and remaining cilantro until just combined.
Stir in crab and season to taste with salt and cayenne.
Pour into a bowl and top with toasted coconut.